Cannot recover password PIX 501 - TFTP Failed (return:-10 arg:0x1)

My company has recently received a used PIX 501 Firewall Version 6.3(3) which we are wanting to configure and use on our network. I have so far been unable to reset the password using the password recovery procedures given to me by Cisco. When I attempt to download the password recovery file (np63.bin) through tftp, it gives me the following error:

tftp np63.bin@192.168.0.117 via 192.168.0.1 TFTP failed (return:-10 arg:0x1)

I have tried other .bin files, but with no luck. Anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

Reply to
TheRogueX
Loading thread data ...

I'll have to guess here, but the two most likely causes are:

1) that the file is not in the default directory used by the tftp server; or 2) that the file (and associated directories to that point) do not have permissions to be read by the tftp server process
Reply to
Walter Roberson

You may wish to investigate:

Password Recovery and AAA Configuration Recovery Procedure for the PIX

formatting link
Hope this helps.

Brad Reese BradReese.Com - Refurbished Cisco PIX Firewall Guide

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 USA & Canada: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Fax: 775-254-3558 AIM: R2MGrant BradReese.Com - Cisco Power Supply Headquarters
formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.