Q: ASA 5505 (Home Office) - Dual ISP ?

Hi,

I have read that the ASA5505 is to be released soon - any ideas when ?

Also I have read that the V7.2, that the ASA5505 starts with, supports Dual ISP (could be that other 7.x version does aswell - i dunno) How is this done ? And how does it work ...

Regards Martin Bilgrav

Reply to
Martin Bilgrav
Loading thread data ...

Hmmm, it's on the order books of some places, and I found a couple that *appear* to be indicating they have stock, but I'm not about to place a real order just to confirm it.

formatting link
It's a floating static route with icmp reachability testing. "Note: This configuration does not work for load balancing/load sharing."

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Hi Martin,

The ASA 5505 should be on the Cisco Global Price List and available for order the first week of November 2006.

Cisco ASA 5500 Series Adaptive Security Appliances Models Comparison:

formatting link
It may retail for $595.00

Hope this helps.

Brad Reese BradReese.Com - Refurbished Cisco PIX Firewall Guide

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 USA & Canada: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Fax: 775-254-3558 AIM: R2MGrant BradReese.Com - Cisco Power Supply Headquarters
formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

formatting link

Hi Walter, and thank you for your reply.

Funny stuff about the globals and NAT statements - Why not just use "interface" in the global ? and why the NAT with an ACL ...

I dug into it abit more, as to the 5505:

formatting link
backup interface and assigning VLAN to the individual switchports. Nicely done Cisco ! I like it allready

But if I want LB/LS instead, what can be done then ? (Pardon my lag of os7.x experience)

Also found some info on intra-Interface command, allowing you to route in/out the same interface. That will give som funny looking ACL for inside traffic (!)

Regards Martin

Reply to
Martin Bilgrav

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.