Calling across a WAN using Cisco CallManager Express

I'm an IP telephony virgin, so please point me to the right group if this isn't the place for this kind of question...

I have two routers (3825 and 2811) connected via T1; everything is working fine. I've loaded CallManger Express 3.3 on both of them. I've got Cisco IP Communicator phones working on the 3825 and users local to the 3825 can call each other using the software phones.

I want to set up Communicator phones on my 2811 and have the two routers route calls between my two sites. I have absolutely no idea how to do this, and the Cisco documentation doesn't seem to have any basic setups I can follow.

Obviously I want users at my local site (on the 3825) to be able to call users at the remote site (2811) by just entering the extension of the remote site users, but I don't see anywhere in the documentation where the routers can exchange information about their local phones to each other. I'd think that would have to be done first before they would route calls across the T1.

I am not trying to tie the routers in with my current PBX; that project is way off in the future. If anyone knows of a basic primer online, that would be great. Thanks.

Reply to
ttripp
Loading thread data ...

No, we've all been there ;-)

Basically, you need to set up VoIP dial-peers between the two CME routers.

If 1XXX extensions are at site 1 and 2XXX extensions at site 2, then something along the lines of the following should work:

Site 1 (CME: 192.168.1.1):

dial-peer voice 200 voip destination-pattern 2... session target ipv4:192.168.1.2 dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

Site 2 (CME: 192.168.1.2):

dial-peer voice 100 voip destination-pattern 1... session target ipv4:192.168.1.1 dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

Cheers,

Matt

Reply to
Matthew Melbourne

Thanks, I'll give it a try!

Reply to
ttripp

You may find CIPTUG

The Official Cisco IP Telecommunications User Group

of interest:

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese BradReese.Com - Cisco Network Engineer Directory

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 USA & Canada: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Fax: 775-254-3558 AIM: R2MGrant Website:
formatting link

Reply to
BradReese.Com=A

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.