Caller ID on gateway FXO ports not working...

Hi Jim,

Caller ID cannot be passed from a Foreign Exchange Office (FXO) port on any of the 1700 Series Access Router, 2600 Series Multiservice Platform and 3600 Series Multiservice Platform gateways that run in Media Gateway Control Protocol (MGCP) mode. However, the caller ID can be passed from a PRI or a Foreign Exchange Station (FXS).

If caller ID support is essential on the FXO port, configure the gateway to run in H323 mode.

Sincerely,

Brad Reese BradReese.Com Cisco Repair Service Experts

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 USA/Canada: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 United Kingdom: 44-20-70784294

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com
Loading thread data ...

I've set up Cisco gateways with PRI's in the past and caller id always works flawlessly. However, I recently set up a 2811 with a 4 port FXO card. The telco has confirmed that they are sending caller id, but I am not getting it on my devices.

When I go to the voice-port and set 'caller-id enable', all calls stop coming in from that port. Doing a debug, it looks like the port may be hanging while looking for caller id information. There does not seem to be an mgcp connection at all. Doing some research, it appears that there are different means of sending caller id and I need to be in sync with the telco.

Anyone out there have any experience troubleshooting this? Any tips?

Thanks,

Jim

Reply to
Scooby

Brad,

Thanks for the response. However, I'm not sure we are talking about the same thing here. I may not have quite specified, but I'm talking about incoming caller id, not outgoing. I'm trying to get the caller id of the incoming call and pass it to the end device (7940). Any comments?

Thanks,

Jim

Reply to
Scooby

On 8/26/2005 9:50 AM, Scooby wrote: ------->

Reply to
Anthrax

------->

Reply to
Anthrax

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.