BM 50 Outgoing Caller ID

Hi.

I have a BCM 50 v3 with 6 analog trunks. I wanted my local telco (Embarq) to send only the pilot (main) number in the outgoing Caller ID string rather than the line that originated the call. I'm trying to avoid calls being returned to anything other than the pilot (main) number.

Embarq say this can't be done. Does anyone know different and, more importantly, how I can get them to implement the change.

Or, can the BCM 50 send the Caller ID string itself and, if it does so, will the local switch just "pass through" this data?

Thanks Barry

Reply to
Bazzer
Loading thread data ...

Have the telco convert the lines to a rollover or hunt or overline group. (depending on what they call it). tell them you want to keep the real numbers on the lines but want only the pilot used for outbound CLID. It is very easy for them to do this and I would not take no for an answer.

Reply to
Gerald Harper

Thanks for the input.

The lines are already in a hunt group.

Embarq is adamant they cannot over-ride the Caller ID number. Personally, I would have thought this would have been a programmable option in their switch.

"Not taking no for an answer" rarely works with the Devil and telephone companies! I probably need to speak to the person who actually programs the switch to get a definitive answer but I'm clueless as to how to contact such an elusive individual.

Any other suggestions?

Barry

Reply to
Bazzer

Reply to
Gerald Harper

I work for Windstream in KY we can set the Analog numbers to ANI the pilot. So it is possible. It does make fixixng the lines harder for the phone tech if you have trouble on them though unless you have very good records. If you get a PRI you can also set OLI to the Main number.

Reply to
kypumper

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.