Call Manager express T1

Hi All, I have some experience with call manager express, but soon I'm going to be asked to configure an ISR with a T1 ISDN 30 PRI connection.

My problem is that I have never configured one of these before, and would appreciate any help I can get. (I don't want to look a complete noob when it comes to the install in front of the boss)

The T1 line has 8 channels activated? Does anyone have any UK configuration examples or can anyone point me in the right direction?

Many thanks,

Corb.

Reply to
corb
Loading thread data ...

I think that will be E1 not T1.

Reply to
corb

some Cisco docs on the topic:

Configuring ISDN PRI

formatting link

Understanding the show controllers e1 Command

formatting link

E1 Troubleshooting:

formatting link

1. What router model is the E1 link going to be attached to ?

1. What IOS version is runninging on the router ? - post output of "show version" command

2. If the ISDN PRI module is installed in the router, then post output of "show diag"

1. Also post the output of "show controllers e1"

Reply to
Merv

formatting link

formatting link

formatting link

Thanks for the quick reply!

We haven't had the router in yet, but it will be a 3825.

I'm also based in the UK so I guess the config will be different accordingly. I'll review the info and hopefully get a good idea of how the config will be built.

Reply to
corb

AFAIK if you are in the UK, then you will be getting an E1 ISDN circuit.

You should also query the carrier SE regarding config requirements and any sample Cisco configs that they might be able to provide.

When you get the router installed and if you encounter difficulties , then post the information suggested above as it will help responders to better assist you.

Reply to
Merv

Will do,

thanks.

Reply to
corb

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.