Call Manager

Has anyone ever tried to run CallManager on a Virtual server?

Reply to
Ned Nobody
Loading thread data ...

There are several websites around that give howto's on how they did it for testing. Just google it. Since its not a supported config from TAC, hardly anybody would do it for a real production setup.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

It works pretty well for the lab or really small environment. I tested all versions from 3.3 to 4.3 in VMWare environment, as well as version 5.0. If you build Publisher and Subscriber on the same physical platform with a "virtual switch", they work fine, but doing this across different machines may cause heartbeat and SQL synchronization problems.

Good luck,

Mike CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, Cisco Voice, MCSE W2K, MCSE+I, Security+, etc. CCIE R&S (in progress), CCIE Voice (in progress)

------ Headset Adapters for Cisco IP Phones

formatting link
formatting link

Reply to
headsetadapter.com

Since I haved move off of server support (WinTel) to the field of data networking, I often go back to server admins with questions like this.

They say that simple servers get hosted virtually, like a server running Cisco ACS server or a TFTP server. Servers hosting databases such as Microsoft SQL Server, SolarWinds Orion with its own database, and even applications with MySQL running local are hosted on their own hardware.

Reply to
Scott Perry

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.