ATM PPPoA Interface Limit?

Hi! I have a bunch of DSL users that train at DSLAMs in the field, then hit my network over an ATM DS3 into my 7206VXR. I have many serial interfaces on this router, and about 450 virtual interfaces off of this ATM interface.

I am experiencing an issue where one by one, trouble calls are coming in saying the user can't surf. This is not a PC related issue. I take a notebook out to the site and it can't surf either. It can ping sporadically, and surf VERY sporadically. There are two Virtual Templates we're using, each of them tied to IPCP with IP Pools of 255 each. We find that one way to fix a user is to switch the VT they're using and power cycle the modem. Once they get another IP address, they're good to go.

We haven't identified whether doing this is taking out another user.

It sounds like there's a 300 VI limit on the IOS v 12.2. Any ideas? I'm open to other platforms/solutions.

These users authenticate using RADIUS and are handed an IP address via IPCP.

Thanks,

Paul

Reply to
pauldsingleton
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.