Cisco 1601 Power Supplies

I got a Cisco 1601 off eBay without a power supply. I figured it was no big deal since I have a bunch of power supplies for various items lying around. However, this one strangly takes a PS2 connector and is

14 VDC. I had a hard time finding them to purchase online but I have now found a few places.

The question is, why to most eBay auctions not include the power supplies for these 1600 series routers? Are they more valuable than the router itself? Or do they go bad quite often? I can't understand why a majority of sellers wouldn't have kept the power supply with the router.

Thanks.

Jim

Reply to
Thread7
Loading thread data ...

Hi Jim,

In the future you may wish to investigate the Cisco Power Supply Headquarters web page:

formatting link
Which can assist you when using this convenient eBay Cisco Guide:

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese BradReese.Com - Cisco Network Engineer Directory

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 USA & Canada: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Fax: 775-254-3558 AIM: R2MGrant Website:
formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

When the tech bubble burst a few years ago, a lot of resellers got f***ed big time on the Cisco routers they were holding. I have receipts from eBay in 2001 where I paid over $200 for 1601's. Today I bought three, with power supplies, for less than $200 total. Cisco guys don't make the money they once did, Cisco itself doesn't make the money it once did, and the prices for Cisco routers on the used market have tanked. I picked up a 1601 here in Orlando for $25 and it was in mint condition with the OS. Can't beat that.

Just say no to the clowns selling them separately. They are clearly trying to scoop up extra dough this way. Cisco doesn't sell them separately, so don't take it from these bozos.

Reply to
A Sharp

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.