ASA 5520 and DMVPN

Is it possible to conifigure DMVPN on an ASA 5520? My Company currently has 4 offices with Cisco 2811 routers and IOS's on all of them which support DMVPN. I would like to be able to configure the ASA as the Hub and the 2811 routers as the spokes.

TIA

Reply to
Chad
Loading thread data ...

Chad,

Hi.

I have not seen this done with a PIX. To the best of my knowledge you need a router.

I have seen a couple of instances where the PIX was configured to let the GRE though to a router sat behind it. This router was responsible for terminating the DMVPN. From memory I am sure that NAT was a problem so you may need to ensure that there is either a public address on the outside of your DMVPN router that it untranslated as it goes through the PIX, or alternatively a static translation from an outside global pool that maps to the outside of your DMVPN router.

On your PIX you will need to allow pass through of the appropriate GRE & IPSEC policies.

Please search Cisco in the first instance to validate the above. It was a while ago when I looked at this.

Regards

Darren

Reply to
Darren Green

Uzytkownik "Chad" napisal w wiadomosci news: snipped-for-privacy@m7g2000cwm.googlegroups.com...

I had similar problem some time ago. But in my case it was a PIX instead ASA. I did find that it is not possible to configure DMVPN on PIX. I dont know this issue on ASA, but I expect the same. You need the router.

Regards. Wlodek.

Reply to
Everyman

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.