setting up multiple (20 +) offices using 1720s and one 3030

2 points 1) Can I setup a tunnel to the main office from all the sub offices and route the traffic through a core router instead of setting up a 20 office vpn cloud.

2) I'm looking at using easy vpn (EZ or easy). Any thoughts/experiences?

This is all stemming from wanting to centralize configuration changes. Currently all sub offices have full access lists defining all other offices. Makes for a headache when downsizing the business, or expanding if you glass is half full.

Joe Back Up Network admin.

Reply to
Joe
Loading thread data ...

It sounds to me as if the newish "DMVPN" feature might be just what you are looking for. I have not, though, checked to see if it is supported on the 1720s; I'm pretty sure it isn't supported on the 3030.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Conceptually DMVPN is a hub-and-spoke setup but it only requires one tunnel interface configured on the hub. Thus adding spokes is easier. Dynamic spoke-to-spoke tunnels can be created so that other than some inital setup traffic ,spoke to-spoke traffic can flow directly between spokes.

DMVPN is not supported on the 3030 VPN concentrator so you would need a suitably sized hub route capable of handling 20+ spokes.

Also check out the new Configuring Cisco Easy VPN with IPSec Dynamic Virtual Tunnel Interface (DVTI) feature - again this is an IOS-based router VPN solution.

Reply to
Merv

very helpful. Something I don't understand though is why can't I route the traffic through a core router through the vpn.

Office A is the data center with the 3030 and a Large router. Ofice B and C are connected to Office A but do no know of each other.

Then route all the traffic for our class B network through the core.

I've tried to do this but I can't get the IP route statement to travel the Vpn tunnel. I'm still learning about all of this and any help woulf be great.

Reply to
Joe

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.