ASA5505 base license - only 10 users?

I've just purchased a new ASA 5505 with a base license only. I'm planning on configuring and installing in a client's 10-20 user small office. Am I correct in seeing that this box will only allow 10 simultaneous Internet connections? Here is a 'show ver':

Licensed features for this platform: Maximum Physical Interfaces : 8 VLANs : 3, DMZ Restricted Inside Hosts : 10 Failover : Disabled VPN-DES : Enabled VPN-3DES-AES : Enabled VPN Peers : 10 WebVPN Peers : 2 Dual ISPs : Disabled VLAN Trunk Ports : 0

This platform has a Base license.

I'm a little confused because I installed a PIX501 a while back for another client and they have unlimited. I appreciate your time and any help you can provide.

Reply to
dave
Loading thread data ...

formatting link
through the above link ..

As per4 my understanding . Inside Hosts : can be unlimited VPN Peers : will be 10 only..

Means only 10 remote users or site to site connection can be made at a time. Inside user can be unlimited , maximum connections passing through is

3000 per second..

Rgds.. CK Rate if helped

Reply to
CK

Yes, you appear to have bought a 10-user bundle.

Base license refers to other licensable item (ie. security == VPN peers).

Ie. the first three here are "base license". The 4th one is the security+

ASA5505-BUN-K9 = 10 user bundle ASA5505-50-BUN-K9 = 50 user bundle ASA5505-UL-BUN-K9 = Unlimited user bundle

ASA5505-SEC-BUN-K9 = Unlimited user bundle, Security Plus, 25 VPN peers,etc.

PIX501 came in the same increments. You must have bought an unlimited user bundle then..

PIX-501 = 10 user bundle PIX-501-BUN-K9 = 10 user bundle with 3DES license PIX-501-50-BUN-K9 = 50 user bundle with 3DES license PIX-501-UL-BUN-K9 = Unlimited User bundle with 3DES license.

Are the part numbers you likely dealt with.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Hello Dave,

Yep. You can have 10 concurrent IP addresses accessing the Internet. Remember that your printers can be configured without a default gateway and still work in the office.

Reply to
Helge Olav Helgesen

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.