Want to retake the Cisco Cert ?

Hi, all,

I got the CCNA, CCNP and CCIE part I certificates before, and now they are expired.

I want to take the CCNP & CCVP certificates, do I have to retake CCNA or just directly go for the CCNP and CCVP exam ?

Any exemption subjects between CCNP & CCVP ?

Cheers

Reply to
bensonlei
Loading thread data ...

I can't speak to the subject coverage, but CCNA was never a prereq for any other cert that I know of. You can go straight to CCIE if you wish. Although, you can renew your lower level certs (presuming they have not expired) with any higher level exam. So if your CCNA was expiring, you could take the CCIE written and a passing grade would renew the lower level cert. I don't think any of this has changed...but perhaps.

Reply to
Trendkill

Check here:

formatting link

Compare this:

formatting link
and this:
formatting link
Wieslaw

Reply to
Wwieslaw

CCNA has been a prerequisite for CCNP/CCIP etc for as log as I can remember. You can do the professional level exams before if you like but you don't get the qualification until you've passed a CCNA.

Cheers,

Chris.

Reply to
Chris

Sorry, it is. For all except CCIE.

Yes.

Yes. - the CCIE written can re-certify CCNA at least.

They all expire after 3 years I think. It is all on the Cisco web site. If you still have your certification login you can check your status there. You get a special login for certifications. My one is a long string of numbers and letters. No words.

To get CCNP you need to do the CCNA first.

formatting link
"CCNP Prerequisites Valid CCNA certification"

Reply to
bod43

You are correct, I just verified on Cisco.com. Not sure this was always the case, and makes you wonder why you can skip straight to CCIE and not do the same with the professional level designations. Oh well, looks like you must pass the CCNA, although not sure an employer who would turn you down if you can provide the test results for the upper level exams. Of course what's another $125 to just get it knocked out...

Either way, thanks for the correction Chris.

Reply to
Trendkill

Forgot to provide the link for the OP. Here:

formatting link

Reply to
Trendkill

Well, you have to take the CCIE lab within 18 months so the CCIE written expires after 18 months I guess.

Reply to
bod43

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.