Aironet 1200 ping problem

Hi guys,

I've connected my Aironet 1200 to my cable modem, and configured it to receive its IP and DNS-server addresses per DHCP. Well, this works fine. It's being assigned the correct ip address and the correct dns servers. However, I can't ping anything on the net, not even the dns server. I noticed in the "sh ip traffic" output, that every ping results in a packet drop caused by "encapsulation failed". According to the output ip packets are coming in and going out all the time... So can anyone please tell me, why I can't ping any address? I didn't find any command in the Aironet IOS to change the encapsulation..

I'd be grateful for any help

Werner

Reply to
Zhyniq
Loading thread data ...

Hi Werner,

You may wish to investigate the Cisco Wireless TAC Case Collection:

http://129.41.16.73/wireless/home It could be an excellent "interactive resource" for you to solve your Cisco Wireless problems.

Sincerely,

Brad Reese BradReese.Com Cisco Repair Service Experts

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 U.S. Toll Free: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Zhyniq schrieb:

You'll need a router. The 1200 does *not* route or NAT any packets. It's a WLAN-to-Ethernet bridge, not a WLAN/DSL-router

The AP's bridging will function with any IP from any subnet. It's only for accessing the management interface.

Reply to
Uli Link

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.