cant ping aironet

Two vlans on the ap: vlan1 (native) and vlan4. Bridge wirless to vlan1. The ap is not addressed in vlan1 (int bvi1, no ip address). An ethernet subinterface has been created, assigned to vlan4 and addressed. Communication to the subinterface address fails. The switch port to which the ap is connected to is properly configured (encap dot1q, mode trunk). My intention is to provide out-of-band management. I'm really a bit stumped at this point.

switch

interface FastEthernet0/18 switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q switchport mode trunk no ip address interface Vlan4 ip address 192.168.1.2 255.255.255.0

ap

interface FastEthernet0.4 encapsulation dot1Q 4 ip address 192.168.1.21 255.255.255.0

Reply to
Network Blackjack
Loading thread data ...

is not addressed in vlan1 (int bvi1, no ip address). An ethernet subinterface has been created, assigned to vlan4 and addressed. Communication to the subinterface address fails. The switch port to which the ap is connected to is properly configured (encap dot1q, mode trunk). My intention is to provide out-of-band management. I'm really a bit stumped at this point.

Simple, though less-than-obvious solution.

int f0.4 bridge-gr 4

Reply to
Network Blackjack

This is not a supported configuration on the AP side. An Aironet AP supports exactly one IP address which must be on the BVI1 interface, and the BVI1 interface must be bridged to the native (untagged) VLAN.

Aaron

Reply to
Aaron Leonard

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.