Enabling/Disabling traps and logging per interface by SNMP

The OID IF-MIB::ifLinkUpDownTrapEnable (1.3.6.1.2.1.31.1.1.1.14) enables you to set or disable the parameter "snmp trap link-status" per Interface. To do so, you have to invoke the following command:

snmpset -v2c -c write_community ifLinkUpDownTrapEnable.8 i disabled # equivalent to "no snmp trap link-status" IF-MIB::ifLinkUpDownTrapEnable.8 = INTEGER: disabled(2) snmpset -v2c -c write_community ifLinkUpDownTrapEnable.8 i enabled # equivalent to "snmp trap link-status" IF-MIB::ifLinkUpDownTrapEnable.8 = INTEGER: enabled(1)

To crosscheck if everything went fine, you can invoke a snmpget for the specific interface or "sh run int f0/8"

snmpget -v2c -c read_community ifLinkUpDownTrapEnable.8 IF-MIB::ifLinkUpDownTrapEnable.8 = INTEGER: enabled(1)

View on an interface with disabled trap:

---------------------------------------- interface FastEthernet0/8 switchport access vlan 545 switchport mode trunk no snmp trap link-status storm-control broadcast level 65.00 55.00 storm-control multicast level 65.00 55.00 mdix auto spanning-tree portfast end

View on an interface with enabled trap:

--------------------------------------- interface FastEthernet0/8 switchport access vlan 545 switchport mode trunk storm-control broadcast level 65.00 55.00 storm-control multicast level 65.00 55.00 mdix auto spanning-tree portfast end

So far, so good.

Now, I would like to enable/disable additional logging settings; certainly as well by SNMP (as described above). Unfortunatelly, eventough I've checked plenty of MIB's, I cannot find any OID for the following settings:

logging event status logging event link-status logging event spanning-tree status

I cannot imagine that there is an OID for "snmp trap link-status" but not for those mentioned above.

Many thanks in advance for any advice.

Horst Ritter

Reply to
Horst Ritter
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.