snmp OID/MIB

Where could I find a list of OIDs used on a Cisco 3750? Is it possible to to retrieve, via SNMP, info such as ARP tables and the switches own IP tables(from show ip arp). Additionally, stuff like retreiving CDP neighbor information and router configurations(without having to use a tftp server) would help immensely.

-- conrad

Reply to
conrad
Loading thread data ...

Yes.

Probably.

Doubtful. Yes with snmp *and* tftp server.

I am not 100% sure about 3750 but I would be surprised it most of above was not correct.

The ARP bit is in an RFC mib and not necessarily in a Private MIB so will be supported on all platforms.

CDP will obviously be in a Private MIB

Router config is something like Set tftp target address mib Set this, set that Set magic "trigger" mib that initiates transfer

all one line -

formatting link

Merge 4 lines into one URL.

formatting link

A google search of this group for [snmpset config tftp] returns a few promising looking hits. Note, the old catalysts, 500x, 400x could well be different. stick to advice about routers or modern IOS Switches.

all one line -

formatting link

Merge 4 lines into one URL.

formatting link

Easiest way to find out what is suported is to do an snmpwalk of the whole device.

There are some free tools available.

for windows:-

getif.exe

formatting link
There is also a command line snmpget ...walk, ....set. UCD - University C Davis (Davies?) or womething like that.

formatting link
CISCO-CDP-MIB

I dont have the tools here right now, or a 3750 to play with so I will stop here.

Search of

formatting link
for [ARP MIB]
formatting link
How to Clear a Single ARP Entry in a Router Using SNMP "based on all devices which support RFC1213MIB" Your 3750 does.

This may point you in the right direction.

Post back if you are still stuck.

Reply to
bod43

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.