3750 max MAC addresses ?

hi,

I have a 3750 switch configured in desktop default SDM. In the cisco docs it is stated that it can have maximum 6K macs in this config. I cant switch to VLAN sdm 'cause it is used as BGP router. Buying new one will take me a week or so ? What I see with "sh ip arp summary" is that it goes to ~5500 (not 6k!!) with ~600 incomplate and then drops to ~4800 or so. (some of the users cant get their IP's over dhcp even that dhcp server is working ok, that is how i figured out the problem). So most plausable reason for me is this MAC limit ?? I lowered down aging-time to 150 to most mac-cnsuming VLAN in a hope to lower that mac-usage.. I have one other 2950..

Any solution to my problem ??

Reply to
raptor
Loading thread data ...

This seems like a lot of MAC addresses on the switch.

Do you have a default route pointing to the Internet on this router ? If so is it pointing to a next hop IP address or to an interface ?

Reply to
Merv

several next hop addresses .. this is a BGP router too :")) Yes it is alot of arp entires, bad thing is that i have not another layer3 switcha at hand...it is slow process to get new one...:"(

Reply to
raptor

I think it might be related to default route/static route point to interface.

Reply to
shajain

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.