Extending Cisco 2612 with additional FastEthernet

Hi,

I think the NM-1E will fit/work on the 2612. This is a 10Mb ethernet network module. I don't think there are any fast-ethernet modules available for the

2612. Reason for this is that I think the 2612 won't be able to handle much more than a throughput of 10Mbps.

Erik

Reply to
Erik Tamminga
Loading thread data ...

Hi all,

I have been checking on cisco website and everywhere on extending my Cisco

2612 with additional FastEthernet/Ethernet port. It seems that WIC-1ENET and other variants doesn't support 2612 but many other models like 1700.

However, I could be missing some other models of WIC or NM cards. So is there anyway the cisco 2612 be extended to support more FastE/E ports? Thanks.

Reply to
Guan Foo Wah

Right, there is no Ethernet WIC that will work in the 2600. The WIC-1ENET is for 17xx only. There's some new HWIC ethernet modules only for the 1800/2800/3800 models.

Well, you don't have a FastE now, just a single 10. There's two solutions. The NM-1E to get you one 10-Base-T port. Or the NM-16ESW to get you a 10/100 port with a 16-port Switch attached.

If you don't need the token ring port on your router now, it may be easier/quicker/cheaper to just buy a new 2801/2811 that will come with dual FastE's if that is what you want.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.