2 way of router rip command ?

Hello, all of us ! I was thinking that the only way to get into rip mode was typing "router rip" command on the global configuration mode like this: Router(config)# router rip

However, I found below works, too : Rouer(config)# interface FastEthernet 0/0 Router(config-ip)# router rip

I'm wondering if there are any differences between two way of command "router rip". help me..=.=

Reply to
jh3ang
Loading thread data ...

Actually both commands are the same. The way the CLI parser in IOS works is that when you issue "router rip" under the interface and it finds no such command there, it automatically looks for the command in the global config mode. There it doed fine "router rip" (which is the usual command) and so it accepts the command at that level and goes into router confiiguration mode.

So, whether "router rip" is issued in global mode or under the interface, they are exactly the same.

Cisco da Gama

formatting link

Reply to
ciscodagama

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.