4548GT-PWR doesn't recognize "restore" in Privileged EXEC mode

Hello all,

I have a couple of second-hand Nortel 4548GT-PWR switches. They don't appear to have any passwords on them (I can log in from User Exec to Privileged Exec to Global Confi to Interface Config modes and back, all the while seeing the appropriate prompts for each mode).

In any event, I would like to restore them to factory default, just to be sure there is no previous configuration lying around in them. However, when in Privileged Exec mode, whenever i enter "restore factory-default" as per the manual, it gives the "invalid input detected at..." message, and indicates the word "restore".

In fact, when typing "re" then hitting tab, the only command that comes up under tab complete is "reload".

Any thoughts as to why this is?

Thanks in advance.

-J

Reply to
U.N.
Loading thread data ...

Hi, You should reset/restart/reload the switches and when they boot up it should say "press enter to enter boot monitor mode" or something along those lines. You then gain access to a text menu, press "i" to initialize the device to factory defaults then press "a" to continue the boot process.

Cheers Shezzski

Reply to
shezzski

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.