Right place for a techie qiestion?

I'm sure this isn't the right place for a techie question (sorry) but maybe one of you kind experts could steer me in the right direction?

I have a Cisco 1721.

I have performed a factory reset and installed the lated release 12.2(40a).

I have inserted a newly purchased WIC 1ENET card, expection to boot up and see the Ethernet interface so I could configure it - unfortunately, I can only see the FastEthernet Interface.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any pointers!

Reply to
NewsGroupQuestion
Loading thread data ...

"NewsGroupQuestion" wrote in message news:f0lgck$obu$ snipped-for-privacy@news.albasani.net...

alt.dcom.sys.cisco is probably a better place.

First, that is not the latest release. The latest available is 12.4.13a. You should try updating to that first, or at least something close. Watch the boot up to see if the card is recognized. Also, do a show version and show controller if you still don't see the card. It could possibly be a bad card. But, you are probably just too far behind on the IOS.

Hope that helps,

Jim

Reply to
Scooby

Appreciated, thanks, I'll try that. I thought I'd got the right download for my device - I've just grabbed the 12.4(13a) IP release and will try that tomorrow.

Reply to
NewsGroupQuestion

Sorted! Thank you for your help Jim - I'm still waiting for a response to the support call I logged!

Reply to
NewsGroupQuestion

Can you do a Show version on the router to see if the WiC-1ENET shows up? If not, you either might not have plugged in the card completely (the router doesn't physically see it) or you might have a defective card. If you do see it, the only thing I can come up with is you might have an IOS bug of some sort.

Reply to
Mike Rahl

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.