Replacement MLFR router?

I've got an older 2620 router running MLFR with two T1 cards for ISP service which is going end of life so smartnet will not renew. I was going to look in the used market for something newer I can get on smartnet for three years. Ideally it would accept our two WIC 1DSU T1 cards. But maybe there is something better for the same price in the new market?

Does any have some suggestions for me?

Reply to
just bob
Loading thread data ...

You could move up one generate to the 2620XM and get a few more years on Smartnet.. :) But then you have the same problem again.

You won't be able to get something that is supported and still takes the older WIC-1DSU-T1 cards. They dropped all support of the old cards with the introduction of the ISR routers.

Most likely, if all you are doing is Two T1s with MLFR, the direct replacement is going to be the 2801 or 2811.

They function in the specific model ISR 2801, but TAC won't support you.. They won't function at all in the 2811. You really need to get the WIC-1DSU-T1-V2 cards that are supported (or the VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1).

The 2800's aren't old enough yet to get really good used pricing. You can look for factory refurb of them, but there aren't any in the channel right now that I see. There are some up on eBay for alright pricing..

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Hello I suggesto to keep your 2620 till it will die... keep the IOS update (at the moment the latest is the 12.3(25) if I don't go wrong, but you could use the

12.4 series for the 2600XM series. Upgrade the ram and the flash to the maximum and keep that product.

If the 2620 dies, you can find other 2600 on the net at really low prices. They are still good machines.

"just bob" ha scritto nel messaggio news:47d07397$0$84236$ snipped-for-privacy@news.sonic.net...

Reply to
Elia Spadoni

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.