Liberate IP address on a DHCP-client router

Hello everybody, this is my question :

I have a cisco router configured as DHCP-client in an inter-router link because he never connects to the same place and each access point belong to a particular subnet.

I made a menu in the router to permit to the users to test some adresses once connected, but i would like to add in the menu a command to force the interace to liberate his ip address given by precedent DHCP server.

Actually, to liberate IP address i must put administratively shutdown the interface and then no shutdown. I don't like this method and i cannot integrate it in my menu.

Is there any command that i can write to force the interface to liberate his IP address ? (in command mode and not config mode)

i tryed "clear ip interface", "clear dhcp lease" etc ... but the interface still keep his ip address until the end of it assignation...

thanks for your responses. I'm French, so, sory for my english i hope you'll understand ! Diego

Reply to
Diego CESARI
Loading thread data ...

The command to do this was introduced in 12.3(4)T

The command is something like:

release ethernet 2/1 renew ethernet 2/1

The following is the cisco documentation for this:

formatting link

Reply to
Chewbacca

thanks a lot .. !

"Chewbacca" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...

formatting link

Reply to
Diego

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.