Inter Switch Link (ISL) 2611 Help!

Hi All,

Happy New Year and all that fun stuff :/

I am trying to find support for ISL in a 2600 series IOS. I have found support for IEEE 802.1q but not this. I don't have direct access to Cisco's site because of internal politics and the tech guys said 4 weeks ago they would look into it...still waiting. Can someone just give me a name of the IOS that would have support for it or the subsets I should be looking for?

If I can give that to them I maybe able to move on abit quicker

Got to love politics

Reply to
Anonymous
Loading thread data ...

Requires a Cisco IOS (Plus) feature set. send your tech guys this information along with the following: exact cisco router model RAM installed flash memory ...all of these things are available with the 'sho ver' command.

Reply to
John Smith

Hi Thanks for the info.

I have forward them the info I have.

2611 16mb Flash and 64Mb ram.

They have said it will not support ISL because it isn't 10/100?!?!

Is this true? I am sure I have seen support for ISL on 10mb.

Requires a Cisco IOS (Plus) feature set. send your tech guys this information along with the following: exact cisco router model RAM installed flash memory ..all of these things are available with the 'sho ver' command.

Reply to
Anonymous

It is true. Trunking (isl or dot1q) encapsulation requires a 100 Mbit ethernet port.

Regards,

Steve.

Reply to
news.westnet.com.au

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.