first ccnp, then ccna

After I completed CCNA course, I started CCNP immediately. Now, I want to take BSCI exam, but I haven't got CCNA yet. So first I'm planning getting all the CCNP exams and then gettng the CCNA exam. As far as I know this is possible, isn't it? When I get the last CCNA exam, I'll have both CCNA and CCNP certs. Am I right about this? Thanks

Reply to
kurzon
Loading thread data ...

You are right, I don't see the point though. Do your CCNA first, take the exam, make sure you know the basics before you do the higher level stuff. Each CCNP exam recertifies your CCNA so you don't have the benefit of having the CCNA for longer.

Reply to
Paul Womar

you can get the exam but u wont receive your certificate unless u got a valid ccna

Reply to
mido

snipped-for-privacy@gmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid (kurzon) wrote in news:dbb90 $42873327$455da0d2$ snipped-for-privacy@allthenewsgroups.com:

You'll need a valid CCNA certification to be able to take the CCNP certification, so before you'll start on the BSCI, you should get the CCNA. Take a look at

formatting link
for the prerequisites for the CCNP.

Cheers Lars Christensen

Reply to
Lars L. Christensen

you may but really i don;t see the point. It will take months, so why not become CCNA first

tayfun

Reply to
Tayfun Tuna

hi, thank you for all the answers. I want to choose this path because i'm heavily into CCNP right know and I want to take the CCNP exams before I forgot what I'd learned. I think CCNA will be much more easy if i get it after all 4 CCNP exams. It's not important if I get the CCNP certification right after I passed the exams or not. I'll get CCNA exam immediately anyway. I think I'm ready for BSCI and BCRAN for now (and I finished those courses 2 weeks ago), wouldn't it be wrong if I study for CCNA right now? Anyway, thanks for all your replies, your thoughts are really important. Sorry for my delayed reply by the way.

Reply to
kurzon

I'm sure it will be easier once you've completed your CCNP however I'd think you'd find your CCNP easier if you have completed the CCNA training first!

Reply to
Paul Womar

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.