Advice to be recertified CCNA

Hi,

I was certified CCNA in October 2000 and i've been working in Cisco networking as engineer for seven years. I'd like to be certified CCNA then CCNP. Which book or exam guide should i buy to succeed?

Thank you.

Reply to
Yewsef
Loading thread data ...

Have you looked at

formatting link
?

Reply to
pk

Yes thank you, I might buy this book : CCNA Official Exam Certification Library

formatting link
What do you think?

Reply to
Yewsef

Sorry but I can't help you on this because I haven't read any of those books. Usually however the books by Odom are worth their price.

Reply to
pk

If you have been working as a network engineer for 7 years you shouldn't have any problems passing either the CCNA or CCNP exams. Try googling for practice exams and take one and you will see what I mean.

Reply to
Thrill5

Thanx for the advice, but the simulator are a little bit expensive :(

Reply to
Yewsef

I said practice exams, not simulators, and there are plenty of free practice exams available.

Thanx for the advice, but the simulator are a little bit expensive :(

Reply to
Thrill5

CCNA recert once your original cert expires is the complete CCNA exam AIUI.

the cisco web site has more than you ever wanted to know about certification and what the exams cover.

look for prep books at

formatting link

Reply to
stephen

"Thanx for the advice, but the simulator are a little bit expensive : ( "

I can't argue with that however:

The One True simulator is free. (well it is if you can "find" the IOS images)

Dynamips is an Open Source 7200/3600/Other emulator that runs real IOS and is free. It works with Linux and on Windows over Cygwin (but you dont need to know the latter since it is part of the package).

formatting link
" started in August 2005 a project to emulate a Cisco 7200 on a traditionnal PC. Now, it also supports Cisco 3600 series (3620, 3640 and 3660),

3700 series (3725, 3745) and 2600 series (2610 to 2650XM, 2691). "

Seems to just go. A true Work of Art.

Reply to
Bod43

Sorry for my poor english, i don't mean simulator but pratice exam. Thank you.

Reply to
Yewsef

I'm a Todd Lammle fan for anything CCNA - assuming his material is up to date these days.

Reply to
CeykoVer

Hi...

This website should help u..

formatting link

Reply to
qwerty

formatting link

Reply to
qwerty

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.