CAT 2960G with possible port errors

Hello Everyone,

I have this switch that connects to a Nokia firewall. Very intermittenly the switch and FW stop communicating. I want to check the port on the switch that the FW connects to. I have tried using the errors counter command and can't find any errors with the switch. I have also tried using the sh int mod/port command and still don't see any errors. Can anyone recommend anything else that I can do to monitor the port for errors. Thanks...

If you reply, please be detailed with the response. I am more of a Windows Admin trying to trouble shoot this problem. Again, thank you for your help.

- Ed

--------------= Posted using GrabIt =----------------

------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =---------

-= Get GrabIt for free from

formatting link
=-

Reply to
Mickey
Loading thread data ...

switch and FW stop communicating. I want to check the port on the switch that the FW connects to. I have tried using the errors counter command and can't find any errors with the switch. I have also tried using the sh int mod/port command and still don't see any errors. Can anyone recommend anything else that I can do to monitor the port for errors. Thanks...

Admin trying to trouble shoot this problem. Again, thank you for your help.

Reply to
ewhost

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.