Pix 501 - Help!

Where do I start?

We had two Pix 501's attached via dual network cards to two servers which worked fine (one used Proxy software for internet access, the other for accessing our mail box on out ISP's site)

Now however we want to introduce exchange server and have been advised that multi-honing is not the best method.

So (and I apologise for my ignorance in advance) I thought it would just be a case of connecting the Pix to our internal network, our network DHCP server would give it it's IP address, and we would then point our Exchange server to that address for port 25 traffic.

If anyone could give me an overview of where my thinking has gone astray I would greatly appreciate it - please pitch any replies at a four-year olds level so I can understand

Many thanks in advance

Tony

Reply to
Tony
Loading thread data ...

Well the PIX being a firewall needs to have a static IP address assigned. You need to open a port going from the Outide network to the Inside [protected] network to allow port 25 in. The PIX would essentically be the defualt gateway for the Exchange server [most likely]

Reply to
Robert Gile

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.