Is cat. 5e cable available in 50 pair, 100pair ?

I know cat.5 cable is available in 25 pair.......do they make a 50 or

100 pair cat. 5 cable ?
Reply to
rich
Loading thread data ...

50-pair CAT5E backbone cable has recently became available from Hitachi Cable Manchester (
formatting link
) 100-pair is still not available, if it ever will.

Don't go crazy on super-multipair CAT5E cables though. Use bundles of separate 4-pair cables any time you can. The issue of alien crosstalk (cross-talk between cables or between 4-pair groups with regard to multipair cables) has only been first addressed couple years ago in relation to CAT6 cables, and nobody actually knows how this affects CAT5E cables. I have a feeling no manufacturer is in a position to spend time/money of such advanced research on lesser grade cable. With that said, you can be sure alien crosstalk does affect CAT5E cables as well, we just don't know how much.

Reply to
Dmitri(Cabling-Design.com

Mohawk has been selling a 50-pair CAT5 for a few years. Actually, it's just 2 25-pair cables bonded together. ZIP cord on steroids.

CIAO!

Ed Nielsen CENCOM

formatting link

Reply to
Ed Nielsen

Yeap, Mohawk too:

formatting link
They don't make it plenum, though. I guess, the wrap plastic is not plenum rated.

Reply to
Dmitri(Cabling-Design.com

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.