Connector ID request

Hello from the Eighth Doctor I am having a bit of a problem trying to identify one item, and need an opinion about the other. I've got photos of both posted to my company website.

Please go to this website:

formatting link

Responses can be sent to this article, or to the address in my signature. Incidentally both items were bought from a shop on Canal Street in NYC. It turns out that the DB-50 pin outs match the pin outs to the RJ-21 connector.

Now if this is the wrong place for the article, I would appreciate being briefed as to where I should relocate it.

----- Gregg C Levine drwho8 atsign att dot net

Reply to
The Eighth Doctor
Loading thread data ...

Well, that's a tough one. One of the problems is of course the picture quality. Other than that, it will be difficult to tell what kind of 50-pin to 8P8C fan-out (break-out) cord you are looking at without knowing how many pairs are connected in the 8P8C (sometimes referred to as RJ-45) connectors. If it is a simple one-pair breakout cable, the pinout is (almost) always pins 1 and 26 of the 50-pin (RJ-21) are connected to pins

4 and 5 of the first 8P8C, pins 2 and 27 of 50-pin are connected to pins 4 and 5 of the second 8P8C and so on.

One the question of identifying the LCD module you have on the same page, "LM" in the module's name could be indicative of the fact that the module is manufactured by (or for) Sharp. The numbering does not look like it is a 5x7 matrix. Could be graphical, but I?m not sure. One thing you could do to find out what that is is to ground pin #1 and apply +5V (through a 200 Ohm resistor) to pin 2 or 3. If lucky, you'll see all the dots go dark so you can at least identify what type you are looking at. Sort of like if you needed a graphic LCD, but yours is 5x7 matrix, you can throw it away and not waste more time on ID-ing it ;-)

Good luck!

Reply to
Dmitri(Cabling-Design.com

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.