multimode fiber + GBIC

How to plug multimode fiber to Cisco WS-C2950SX on the one side and Catalyst

3550 12G on the other? What connectors do I need?

Thanks Lucas

Reply to
Lukasz Ponski
Loading thread data ...

Hi Lucasz,

I don't want to diminish the huge pool of expertise that you are tapping into when asking for advise on the Usenet, but if I were you, I would not base my purchasing decision on the answers you can receive here. You are talking about parts that affect operation of multi-thousand dollar equipment. There is always a possibility that some important info is missing. Besides, in your case both boxes are by the same manufacturer, so why don't you just give them a call?

Reply to
Dmitri(Cabling-Design.com

The datasheets for the devices do have this information in them. (ie.

formatting link
I'm assuming
formatting link
Since you only specify the 3550-12G which really has no connectors on it without adding on things, I'm guessing what you're actually going to be using.

But if this is more than just a single quick connection, you'll probably want to pull fiber to patch panels, and then if things change you can just change out your patch cord rather than redo the fiber terminations.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

I forgot to mention that my question is just theoretical. I am not going to implement this network in the near future. I need to know how to physically join multimode fiber with above devices and what kind of connectors to use.

Thanks, Lucas

Reply to
Lukasz Ponski

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.