Punch down tools for 66 and 110 blocks

Hello from GCL Problem. I need to find either a 66block or 110block punch down tool set. Either will do. Preferably one that is below 20 dollars US, as this work isn't going to be leaving the shop. And available from a physical location, in NYC area.

-- Gregg drwho8 atsign att dot net "This signature has expired."

Reply to
The Eighth Doctor
Loading thread data ...

Check at a local (or online) Graybar store. Many of the tools have interchangeable dies for 66/110. Not sure if you will find one that cheap, you will be better with a quality tool that will do the job right the first time and will last.

Reply to
Rich Greenberg

Have you tried Home Depot or Lowes? Both carry some telecom equipment for home use. Harris impact tool is one tool that comes with one die. Other dies for 66, 110 or other types of punch downs you get separately.

Ron

Reply to
Ronald Roberts

Reply to
Ray Cassick (Home)

Well, "NYC area" is a little bit ambiguous but I'd suggest checking with Interstate Electronics Inc. (IEI) in Hazlet, NJ....732-264-3900 ----

formatting link
Not far at all from NYC via highway, train, ferry, etc. in Monmouth County NJ just off of the Garden State Parkway on Rt. 36 (Keyport exit).

The last time I was in there, IIRC they had a nice variety of telecom tools at several 'price points' from cheap to top-o-the-line releatively speaking, including 66 & 110 punchdown sets.

Give 'em a call. They've always treated me well when I needed some item they carried. Plus it's a neat store to visit.

Reply to
Justa Lurker

Reminds me that I need to get 66, Krone and Bix bits for mine. Since the majority of use is for network and newer telecom installs I've found the

110 bit to be most useful.
Reply to
Tony P.

Hello from GCL NYC area means that. Within the five boroughs. As for the suggestions that I try Home Depot, I don't know if there are any Loews stores near me, but I'll check with the Home Depot stores. And as of now I don't need a Krone type tool.

-- Gregg drwho8 atsign atsign att dot net

Reply to
The Eighth Doctor

Home Depot is on 23rd st Manhattan btw 5th and 6th ave.

I suggest an Ideal (brand) tool in either 66 or 110, which ever you need first, and you'll have a quality tool. Get the other bade when you need it. I see them in HD.

Just a short walk (on a nice day) we have Midtown Electric, a full service sypply to the electrical trades and friendly to non-pros (ie me) who make small purchases and ask too many questions. (I'm no relation, unfortunatly.) (18th st West of 5th Ave)

They have a good selection of tools.

formatting link
Even on ebay it seems that a Harris 814 tool costs more than $20 and then there's shipping and you might need a new blade, anyway.

Reply to
Al Dykes

OK, well a quick glance at Home Depot website shows a couple of punchdown tools along with related items (although not below $20 like you specified) ------ hopefully you can find what you need in one of their stores.

Checking the Lowe's website reveals only two stores in the 5 boros (Brooklyn & Staten Island). I thought they had more but evidentally not. It does show a location in Jersey City, and I was hoping it might be one of the big box stores easily accessible by PATH (e.g., down by Newport Centre Mall) but from the map it doesn't look like getting there via public transit would be that easy [maybe I am wrong on this....I don't know Jersey City area all that well...it's over by 1 & 9 & 440 on the Newark Bay side].

Anyhow, good luck !

Reply to
Justa Lurker

to be

with

Hello from the Timelord Thank you all. As for the locations, well there's plenty of time, but not much transportation, or money, worse luck. However I'll do what I can.

-- Gregg drwho8 atsign att dot net "This signature is actually on vacation on sunny Tatooine."

Reply to
The Eighth Doctor

if you need to punch a few wires, radio shack sells a cheep plastic 110 tool for under 10 bucks. I have done 66 blocks with a small flathead screwdriver in a pinch

Reply to
Moonshine

I already own a Harris tool with removable bit.

Tony

Reply to
Tony P.

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.