can't get wireless signal from router

This is my dilemma. I just bought a broadband 2.4GHZ Lynksys router model BEFW11S4. My plan was to go wireless with my notebook, because I don't have a cable jack in my room. I did not get a PCMCIA Card, because I have agere mini-pci built-in in my Toshiba 5105 running xp home 1.8MHZ. When I double click one the wireless connection icon in the tray it does not show any available network even though I configured it exactly as I saw it in the booklet, so I click advance, click 'refresh' nothing. Type my SIDD and nothing happens. Why won't my router pick up my SIDD? Am I doing something wrong here? Please help!!

Reply to
lcvd1
Loading thread data ...

Wrong group. Try posting in; microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless

Bill Crocker

Reply to
Bill Crocker

Try upgrading your firmware, Linksys provides some major upgrades on their website:

formatting link
Make sure you download your correct version (there are several for your model number) and that all settings are at their default values (i.e. no WEP, DHCP enabled, etc.)

Hope this works

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Reply to
Yony

Try upgrading your firmware, Linksys provides some major upgrades on their website:

formatting link
Make sure you download your correct version (there are several for your model number) and that all settings are at their default values (i.e. no WEP, DHCP enabled, etc.)

Hope this works

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Reply to
Yony

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.