Verizon DSL

My friend has problem with connection to the internet. After he descriped me problem by phone it looked like differen (like bridge connection between two PCs) I was there on Tuesday, and the situation is very different. He's got Verizon DSL (on my experience - the worst ISP in USA). He already changed his Westel 6100 DSL modem a month ago. This one is working, but sometimes loosing connection. When I connected it straight to PC, after 10-15 minutes it finally get connected to internet. When it is connected to Router (linksys BEFSR41 ver 3.4) to connect to internet is getting almost half an hour. I think router is configured right (IP 192.168.2.1). I called Verizon twice. What was their answer? If you want to have network with Verizon DSL, you should buy from them DSL modem/wireless router fixture. Two representatives told me, if I have two fixtures with different names (Westel / Linksys) it's not gonna work. What a bulshit. This guy's DSL service ends in March 2008. I told him - get yourselfe Cable.

Filip

Reply to
Filip
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.