Third Party Firmware Linksys BEFW11S4 ?

Exactly my point. Why post a link to the wiki when it doesn't have an answer? For no reason other than to flog the wiki?

Reply to
Bill Kearney
Loading thread data ...

Well, there you go, an appropriate pointer. Some verbiage along the lines of "Never heard of what you're looking for, but might be a good place to start" would have been helpful.

Umm, from where I sit, you answered the question with a "here's a pointer to the Wiki, which doesn't have any direct answers to your question, but might have some indirect pointers if you bother to poke around long enough."

What are you talking about? Your answer was your standard .sig, which is reproduced below:

/* Best regards, FAQ for Wireless Internet: John Navas FAQ for Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi How To: Fixes to Wi-Fi Problems:

*/

Which of those URLs directly answers the OP's question? IMHO, pointing him at Google would have been more useful, though he said he had already tried that, so some directed search terms would have been most appropriate.

Reply to
William P.N. Smith

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 08:34:55 -0400, William P.N. Smith wrote in :

Likewise in my original response.

I don't think that would have been any more helpful.

It's quite different from where I sit.

My answer actually was:

See supported devices for THIRD PARTY FIRMWARES linked in the wikis below. [emphasis added]

Crisp and clear. Topic (emphasized for your benefit) easily found in the Contents. Seems to have satisfied the OP. Case closed.

Next time try being a bit more constructive. If you're got a better answer, or if you think the wiki would benefit from some improvement, then roll up your sleeves and jump right in. Do something truly useful instead of just taking cheap pot shots at those trying to help.

Reply to
John Navas

Yep. For pity's sake, at least point them to the search box and let them know to look it up themselves instead of just dumping them to your boilerplate URLs.

Indeed.

Reply to
Bill Kearney

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 14:35:16 -0400, "Bill Kearney" wrote in :

Yet another helpful post. Not. Surely you have better things to do with your time than to presume to criticize others that are only trying to help.

Reply to
John Navas

Well in that same vein, why post a blind link to a wiki that doesn't actually contain the info? And if you're utterly compelled to post an answer then why not plainly say the wiki doesn't contain the answer but might point to links that do? Otherwise it's just shilling for the wiki and that gets rather tiresome.

Reply to
Bill Kearney

On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 08:19:55 -0400, "Bill Kearney" wrote in :

For the last time: Because it does point to the best answer, and has a wealth of other information that might well be helpful.

Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.