Slow game after installing NETGEAR WAP ME102

Hi

I have a Broadband(DSL) cable modem (SB4100) that connects to an SMC 7004BR Broadband Router. From the router I connect to a CentreCom RH505BE hub that allows me to then connect via BNC to another PC in a different room. All is fine and no problem with speed.

I have just bought a Netgear ME102 WAP and connected it to the 7004BR. After some set up I connected the WAP to my laptop and again have no problems with speed.

My son plays a network PC game (World of Warcraft) on the PC connected via BNC and has had no problems until I switch on the ME102 and then his game starts running very slowly.

I can't understand why having the ME102 active in the network but with no active connections (laptop is now switched off) is causing such a slow down. I haven't noticed anything on another PC connected to the 7004BR via RJ45 but admittedly I am only using this PC for surfing the net.

I have set up WEP on the ME102 (64 Bit).

Can anyone explain why having the WAP on but not being used is causing this problem.

TIA

Steve

Reply to
steve
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.