No sound after installing D-Link Router..

Hello,

I've got a friend that just installed a D-Link AirplusXtremeG Router wireless router on his Dell Dimension. Since his install he has had no sound whatsoever. He's got onboard audio, SoundMax.

He's made sure that none of the sound cables came unplugged and all the volume controls are turned up.

Any ideas why this would effect his audio?

Thanks,

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Ingram
Loading thread data ...

Not sure what you mean by installing a router onto the dell but I assume he has a router which is connected by wireless to his dell,which will have a wireless card or USB wireless adapter.I suggest you look in "Device Manager",I assume you are running a windows OS, to see if there are any IRQ conflicts.

Reply to
Rob

Your assumption is correct. He is running Windows XP, and when asked if he had any conflicts marked by question marks, he said, No.

Thanks,

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Ingram

Exclamation mark in a yellow circle for a hardware conflict. A red X means the device is turned off.

Rob

Reply to
Rob

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.