blue screen of death after installing wifi card

Hi all, I am new here and have joined specifically to get help with a recent issue that has come up for me.

I have an old Compaq Evo laptop which I want to set up for email use for my wife. I have bought an Asus WL-100GE wifi card for (PCMCIA) and when I installed it from CD, it all seemed fine - it asked me to restart the lappie, so I did that and from then onwards, it now won't actually start at all! It just keeps going to the wall of death (blue screen) that keeps telling me it's not happy.

I then reboot and it comes up with the options to start in safe mode. So I click safe mode and it starts scrolling the lost of filenames, it get's stuck at: system32\\drivers\\atisgkaf.sys and does nothing more (I have to kill the power after waiting about 2 mins)

I restart normally, I get the blue screen. The exact message on the blue screen is:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage (etc)

Page Fault in non paged area

If problems continue, to disable any newly installed hardware or software.......

So, how do I un-install the asus wifi card from here? Do I do it by DOS? Is it possible to access system restore from DOS?

Thanks to anyone kind enough to help. Regards Sol

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
sol07
Loading thread data ...

If you google atisgkaf.sys pages of similar problems result. Apparently, it's an ATI video driver. Have you tried booting from the XP CD?

System restore is part of W> Hi all, I am new here and have joined specifically to get help with a

Reply to
sillyputty

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.