Connected to router, not internet, but internet works?

I am fairly new to wireless networking and I'm trying to figure out why my wireless connection always shows that I am connected to the router, but not the internet, even though I have internet access. In fact I am online posting this right now while my linksys software says I have no internet access. I had a Belkin PCMCIA card in my laptop which said the same thing. I returned it because I suffered frequent drops, and got a Linksys WPC54G. It seems more stable so far. Any ideas why this is happening? Something with my router, maybe? (D-Link WBR-1310)

Reply to
danlumpp
Loading thread data ...

If you use the Linksys interface, you need to disable Wireless Zero Configuration. The easiest place to do this is right click your connection icon in the system tray, select properties, the advanced tab, and uncheck "let windows manage this connection". If you want to use WZC, then prevent the Linksys interface from running at startup, and check the box above.

Q
Reply to
Quaoar

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.