Can connect to router but not internet!

Hello All,
I'm new to this group and could use some help. I have a Linksys WRK54G
ver1.1. I have been using a WPA-PSK encryption with no problem.
Unfortunately, I recently switched it to a 128-bit WEP because my
wife's computer only seems to support it. Now I can connect to the
router but can't get on the internet. When I check the connection
details it detects: Physical Address, IP Address, and Subnet Mask. It
doesn't detect: Default Gateway, DNS Server, and WINS Server.
Any suggestions as to how I can fix this would be much appreciated.
Thanks!
Reply to
TedinToronto
Loading thread data ...
On 18 Oct 2006 17:28:00 -0700, "TedinToronto" wrote in :
You're not actually connected -- that's just a Windoze Lie. Likely problem is bad WEP password -- enter all WEP passwords in *hex* (*not* ASCII).
Reply to
John Navas
"TedinToronto" hath wroth:
Use the 26 character Hex WEP key instead of the 13 character ASCII WEP key. There are problems translating from ASCII to Hex on some units. Hex always works.
>Now I can connect to the >router but can't get on the internet. When I check the connection >details it detects: Physical Address, IP Address, and Subnet Mask. It >doesn't detect: Default Gateway, DNS Server, and WINS Server. > >Any suggestions as to how I can fix this would be much appreciated. > >Thanks!
Reply to
Jeff Liebermann
I'm actually using the hex password. That is the one with all of the numbers and letters isn't it?
Jeff Liebermann wrote:
Reply to
TedinToronto
"TedinToronto" hath wroth:
Yes, something like that. Hex is 0-9 and A thru F only. The Hex key must be exactly 10 characters long for WEP64, or 26 characters long for WEP128. If you're using 5 characters or 13 characters, it's really ASCII, not WEP.
Reply to
Jeff Liebermann
On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 10:02:26 -0700, Jeff Liebermann wrote in :
Typo correction: "really ASCII, not hex."
Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.