Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Setting up the DSL and Buffalo
Ok, Jeff, I'm geting up to speed:) I've ordered the DSL service from Linkline and they are sending me the modem. I've also just built a new box with built in NIC support. XP Home on this one. I've...

High gain antennas health problems?
Hi I just bought 15dbi high gain omni directional antenna '2.4 GHz 15 dBi 802.11b 802.11g Wireless LAN and Bluetooth® Compatible Omni-Directional Professional Wi-Fi® Antenna' ( I was wondering if...

Linksys WRT54GS Firmware v7.50.0: You are conected to the access point, but the internet cannot be found
After 90 plus minutes talking to someone over seas at Linksys tech support, they identified the problem being my laptop. Un-installing and re-installing drivers for the network adapter fixed it. So...

Connecting, separately, to different Netgear WGXB102 Systems
I use my laptop in 2 separate locations - home and away. At home, I connect to my network via my Netgear WGXB102 Powerline system into a BT HomeHub - normally without difficulty (but see below). In...

SSID default
Went to a site today where they've been having poor wireless performance. There are a number of reasons why they're having problems which I can work on but one other thing I noticed is, although...

Monitorin wireless networks via a CAT5 cable
I have a wrt54g router that is connected via ethernet to my main dekstop PC Is there a way or some software that I can use that let me monitor any wirelss signals or networks from the desktop? or do I...

Wireless Internet Connection drops when LAN Adapter Enabled
Hi, _The_Setup_ I have a Dell Optiplex 745 (new) and it came with a Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gigabit NIC built in. I also have a Netopia 2247NWG-VGx wireless access point which I was using successfully...

Acer laptop not detecting Wireless network.
I have an ACER laptop with Atheros Network Adaptor card. Its not detecting the wireless networks in my flat, though my friend's laptop is detecting. I've checked the Network adaptor is enabled. what...

cable modem + wireless router
Hello I changed my ISP and now I wait for the Virgin guys to drill some holes and leave in my house a cable modem. I've got: -two built-in wireless laptops (Debian & Vista) -the old BT Voyager 2091...

VPN problems with Linksys WRT300N .. but WRT54GS works!
My trusty BEFSR41 failed after many years of service (it was unable to get IP address lease from the cable modem). I purchased a WRT300N, figuring that I might use the Wifi feature in the future, even...

i need some advice
im getting a laptop and i want to setup a wireless network im currently on a 2 mb broadband and have a adsl modem(with no ethernet ports just usb and a phone line thingy) the laptop i ordered is...

BT voyager 220v & Netgear WG602v3
Having the absolute horrors trying to get these two to work together. When first setting up broadband connection for some reason the wireless worked fine and my laptop (which had been set up...

Help with Wireless/wired problem.
I've a Belkin works well but it can't reach the basement.I've a PS3 in the basement and I'm using problem is the signal is very weak and the PS3's wireless system isn't really the best.I've the...

Acer laptop not detecting Wireless network.
I have an ACER laptop with Atheros Network Adaptor card. Its not detecting the wireless networks in my flat, though my friend's laptop is detecting. I've checked the Network adaptor is enabled. what...

Free mobile SMS worldwide
I am looking for great SMS collection website, please send me if you have any website which contain SMS and MMS etc. friends i found a SMS website but its contain little bit collection of SMS, but too...