Connecting, separately, to different Netgear WGXB102 Systems

I use my laptop in 2 separate locations - home and away. At home, I connect to my network via my Netgear WGXB102 Powerline system into a BT HomeHub - normally without difficulty (but see below). In addition, I use my laptop at my local church where we also have a WGXB102 Powerline system into a Netgear DG834N router; however, although the laptop eventually connects ok, it constantly drops the connection (then reconnects again automatically). Non of the other visiting laptops have the same connectivity problems - their connections are always strong and stable. I have not encountered this problem elsewhere.

When I use the laptop again at home, after using the laptop at church, it takes 2-3 attempts to get a solid connection - once I do, it remains good, and always connects automatically and quickly via the home WGXB102/BT Homehub system.

I am running WinXP and also have Network Magic installed - tho' I use the WinXP Wireless Manager to manage by connections.

Any 'steers' to cure the constantly dropping connection at my church network would be gratefully received.

Tim

Reply to
Tim JN
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.