DD-WRT WRT54GL Bridge with two subnets

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a bridge between two networks much the same as one on that is listed here:

formatting link
The only difference is that the network connected to the secondery WRT is plugged into the WAN port and on the subnet range 10.1.1.x

I am starting that be entering this command: ifconfig vlan1 10.1.1.253 broadcast 10.1.1.255 netmask 255.255.255.0

I have then set up a static route on the gateway at each end to point to the WRT on the LAN and WAN respectively.

From the 10.1.1.x I can access the 192.168.1 network perfectly. From

the 192.168.1.x network I sometimes get one ping through and then dead.

I thought this might have been something to do with the firewall and so I set up another router that I plugged into the LAN port of the secondary WRT. This was set to route between 192.168.1.x and 10.1.1.x but the same thing happens. Therefore I can rule out anything to do with the firewall or NAT on the secondary WRT?

What I'm currently thinking but don't know is that the wireless bridge is somehow dropping the packets originating from the 192.168.1.x network.

Any help or thoughts would be appreciated.

Regards, Roger

Reply to
rog
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.