Deciding between SPA-3102 and SPA-2102

Anyone familiar with these models?

I dont have a router, so Im looking for a voip adapter that can connect to my dsl modem and act as a router to my computer.

I use the standard SIP protocol (and Skype, although I know that aint supported!). Ideally, I would like to choose the voip provider based on whom Im calling, not be locked in with one provider. I think the

2102 you can choose one voip service for each of the 2 lines, but the 3102 only has the one.

Aside from that, the 3102 can forward voip calls to another number.

Is that about right?

Reply to
benn686
Loading thread data ...

I use 3102. It supports 4 (four) different VoIP providers, and you can set in the dialplan where to route the individual calls. Additionally, you can use some more VoIP providers directly inserted into the dialplan with network and authentication parameters.

Yes, you can forward incoming voip call to another VoIP destination or PSTN number using (selective) call forward settings.

ldemsp

Reply to
ldemsp

Thanks!

Do you know if its configurable so that when it receives a call (voip or pstn) it will FIRST ring the phone connected to it, and THEN if it doesnt pick up, it will forward the call to another number?

snipped-for-privacy@freemail.hu wrote:

Reply to
benn686

Yes, it has the following call forwarding capabilities:

- Call forward all case (the case your home PSTN call follows you via VoIP to your hotel abroad)

- Call forward no answer (in this case the timeout is also configurable)

- Call forward busy For the above two cases two different destinations can be configured

- Selective call forward, depending on the CLID of VoIP ID of the caller. In this case 8 different destinations are configurable for the 8 different caller.

Clever gizmo. Good luck for the use!

ldemsp

Reply to
ldemsp

Yes, it has the following call forwarding capabilities:

- Call forward all case (the case your home PSTN call follows you via VoIP to your hotel abroad)

- Call forward no answer (in this case the timeout is also configurable)

- Call forward busy For the above two cases two different destinations can be configured

- Selective call forward, depending on the CLID of VoIP ID of the caller. In this case 8 different destinations are configurable for the 8 different caller.

Clever gizmo. Good luck for the use!

ldemsp

Reply to
ldemsp

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.