Panasonic KX-TD1232 keeps forgetting flex key assignments

We've had this KX-TD1232 for many years and, until now, it's been very reliable. Then one day, people started complaining that they "can't ring anyone in the office." It turned out that all the flex keys on the sets had reverted to their default settings (all CO lines.) They're usually programmed with sufficient CO lines plus a button for each extension.

I broke out the trusty and reliable Programmator (which I've always used without trouble in the past) and it read the flex keys as '????'. So I reset them all in Programmator and sent it to the PBX, but the buttons were still in their default setting. Re-reading the PBX with Programmator showed the same '????'.

Next, I programmed one set manually using jack 1, and that one extension's keys started working normally again. I read the PBX with Programmator and the extension I had just manually programmed showed different assignments for the flex keys than I had just programmed (not all '????' but different extensions.) So rather than mess with it, I left that extension alone and reprogrammed all the extensions manually (very tedious!)

Now, today, I got a call from someone saying that a few of their flex keys have stopped working again.

Is this PBX failing, or is this one of those weird things that everyone 'in the biz' has seen before?

Thanks.

Reply to
Jill
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.