Cheap used key system for small office

Hello all,

I'm helping a friend move from a home office to a "real" office. We're fine with just using his two lines with a two-line cordless phone for the time being, but it looks like some of the "antiquated" key systems would work well. They have very, very low call volume. They need two CO lines and five extensions to start. Being able to plug standard phones, fax machines and an answering machine into the system is a necessity, as is caller-id.

The old Lucent/ATT Partner/Partner II systems look very interesting. I've worked with one briefly and it looks like it gives him just what he needs (put a call on hold, pick up elsewhere, ring all phones on incoming, caller id, support for standard phones). Having a door buzzer would be very nice as well. Panasonic looks like a possibility, and also maybe some of the old, small Nortel systems.

Right now I'm drowning in Google results for used key systems. Any recommendations for a cheap used vendor? I have seen some tantalizing stuff on Ebay, but it looks like I could easily end up with the wrong thing when buying through there...

Suggestions? Cheap is what will push him to a "proper" key system instead of a bunch of two-line phones going back to a bunch of splitters...

Thanks,

Charles

Reply to
spork.sporkman
Loading thread data ...

The Partner systems are great. You can either use a 4-wire phone or a 2 wire standard 2500 type set.

Me - I'm an old school purist. Would love to find say a 551 KSU and some

2564 phones to hook up in the house. Nice thing about those is they're supremely adaptable. Granted, having to run a fifty pair to each phone is a bit much but it isn't insurmountable.

Just try to find one for cheap though. Ha!

Reply to
T

Asked and answered your own question.

Used Partners seldom come with EC cards for CID, and I don't believe they pass the CID to a single line station. Same with Nortel and you only have a single Analog Terminal Adapter on a CICS, none on the older stuff.

Yep. Hard to find new technology at old prices.

Did you get down to the Panasonic yet? For my money, I'd pony up the $800 street price and get the TA0824-PKG. You get 3 display phones, CID to single line sets, and the ability to add a door phone/opener and grow to 8 lines, 24 phones and add voice mail.

Carl Navarro

Reply to
Carl Navarro

I have some small keysystems in my garage, with phones that I'll let go really inexpensive. I also have the 551 ksu's that T writes about and phone for them. Let me know of your interest at snipped-for-privacy@muderick.com

Reply to
Mike Muderick

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.