key system diode matrix

I'd like to buy a few of the diode pin blocks and pins used back in the dark ages for 1A2 ringer matrixing. If I recall, most were 13 pins hight by 5 or

6 pins wide.

Any ideas as to who may carry key system stuff?

Thanks in advance!

Reply to
Henry Cabot Henhouse III
Loading thread data ...

I only had the 6x6 diode matrix blocks (6 lines by 6 extensions), with expansion pins for building larger matrices. Haven't seen these in over 12 years.

Reply to
John

You wouldn't possibly be interested in a Gen-You-Wine 3-volume set of original manuals for Bell/WECO 1A2 would you? Complete/fair condx. Binding is broken on 1 of the books but no pages missing.

Reply to
wdg

The Smithsonian, I bet... Failing that, hamfests.

But that diode block was nothing magic; you should be able to build your own...

Reply to
David Lesher

If someone will LEND them to me, I'll scan them and return PDF files, along with the paper.

Reply to
John

I could build my own, but this is for a project for our office building that has 30 or so heat pumps with individual timers throughout. I want to reduce the 30 timers to just 7 plus 1 for the cooling tower... 7 channels offering various day/week schdules for the varous offices.

The simple to insert diode pins would let even the parking attendant to change offices by changing the pins.

Yeah I know, there are probably many $50,000 HVAC controls that will do this, but come on, a Grasslin Talento 8 channel timer, a bunch of ringer matrix blocks, and a bunch of relays to replace the individual timers costs less than a grand.

So.... anyone remember Telectric on Venice Blvd in Los Angeles? I used to shop there... the old guy, who kept a bottle in his desk draw (and who among us doesnt?) used to bore us with stories of selling cable to the USNavy to be laid on the ocean floor :)

Someone has to know someone who sells old 1A2 stuff....

Reply to
Henry Cabot Henhouse III

Try Source, Inc, in Dallas. They used to carry it all. Used warehouse full of stuff.

formatting link

Reply to
John

I had a couple of those laying around. Actually, some closets in some bldgs still have the whole key system on the backboard, even tho it's been turned off for more than a decade. I also have some PSes for the key systems.

Email me at snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com and include NOSPAM in the subject line, or I won't get it.

Reply to
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, th
[snip]

There was a good special on the first Transatlantic telegraph cable on PBS recently. Good ol' Cyrus and the stuff about Lord kelvin's mirror galvanometer.

formatting link

I know that some old 1A2 stuff comes up for auction on Ebay.

Reply to
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, th

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.