WinDSX - anyone know this stuff

Access control windsx.com ? Friend asked me to look into it for him (I'm not bidding on this job)...judging by the rest of the bid he received I think the bidder is in trouble. But, I was wondering if anyone has used this WinDSX? Looks like a small company which would make me nervous if it's proprietary stuff. Also, the bidder seems incredibly high on the WinDSX and ridiculously low on other stuff.

Thoughts?...ew...that may not be a good question on this ng.

:-)

Reply to
Crash
Loading thread data ...

Never heard of WinDSX, but that doesn't mean anything. There are some industry specific access systems out there that you would not hear of unless you had done work in that specific industry. Some of them are pretty good. Others have just succeeded at marketing to that industry.

For example: Storage facilities. There are some access managament systems that integrate directly with accounting and operations management software. They tend to be on the expensive side for what they do, but because they plug directly into other systems they tend to sell.

I would ask what that particular access system does that is special.

I tend to go with Napco now that they have good access integration or for larger stuff Continental which of course integrates Napco controls as needed. Its good flexible stuff at pretty reasonable (in the access market) pricing, but it doesn't necessarily have a software integration patch for XYZ airport automation, 123 stoage accounting, or whatever. Except for the controllers themselves you can use a variety of industry standard reads (HID or Weigand) or if you prefer you can use Napco's proprietary readers and cards. Just about any locking hardware is compatible as well.

WinDSX may not be worth more in general, but it may be worth more for the application. This is one of those areas where you really need to get paid for consulting as to do it right you need to do some real research. I am not belittling your efforts, desire to help your buddy, or you asking in ASA.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Guardian Protection here in Pittsburgh is a distributor for the stuff apparently they like it I see a lot of it around here.

Reply to
nick markowitz

Reply to
Just Looking

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.