Anyone know what PEER_DELETE-IKE_PLATFORM_VERSION_MISMATCH means?

I've tried posting this on the groups at the Cisco site with no luck. Hopefully someone here can give me a hint?

I'm connecting from a Mac to a 3000 concentrator. The connect request fails with the following error. I've tried the VPN client V3.7 (on Mac V10.3) and V3.9 (on Mac V10.4). I get the same error on both

57 21:10:13.534 04/08/2006 Sev=Info/4 IKE/0x43000081 Delete Reason Code: 13 --> PEER_DELETE-IKE_PLATFORM_VERSION_MISMATCH.

Thanks for you your help.

Mitch

Reply to
MB
Loading thread data ...

Basiscally it means that there is a mismatch between the VPN config on the concentrator and on your Mac. Have you tried using the same settings on a Linux or Windows box?

Xangadib

Reply to
Xangadib

I am using the same config file (*.pcf) that my IT department distributes for PC use. The mac client imports it perfectly, including the encrypted password. The only difference is that the client they distribute for the pc is 4.6, but the client I have for the mac is 4.9. The CISCO site only has versions 4.5, 4.7 and 4.9 for the mac - no 4.6.

BTW, where did you find the definition for "PEER_DELETE-IKE_PLATFORM_VERSION_MISMATCH"? Maybe I could point my IT department to the definition and they can help me from there end.

Thanks,

Mitch

Reply to
MB

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.